Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Celebrating week 3!

I'm not celebrating big, but I am proud of myself and thankful to God for the healthy, strong body that is able to accomplish all that I set my mind to, with His help! I can't take all the credit. My life is too full and blessed to be orchestrated by a mere man.

As I was saying...week three! I'm following a six week training plan I found on www.about.com on training for a 5k. I've always hated running in the past so I thought I should start small and work up to the larger races. I realize this can take quite some time to develop the endurance I need for a marathon but I'm determined. I don't have a legacy to follow of health nuts, athletes or any sort of good example in that area I suppose but it's something I want my kids to see me doing. I hope it will inspire them to either join me or find their own preferred sport to keep them active and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment