Monday, May 6, 2013

Morning Reflection

This morning I was reflecting on a bit of my life.  Sigh.  I could be SO bitter and resentful and hateful...so many opportunities and ways to show those people a thing or two.  :)  That's not me or at least not the me God made me to be...but I could.  I also realized in doing so, I would truly only be punishing myself.  I would suffer so much and those people...probably don't even know how much pain and suffering their little careless comments or actions would have caused; if  I took the easy way and allowed myself to grow so hard hearted.  It's harder to forgive and even harder to grow past it and live day to day without ever returning to scene of the trauma to replay and re-evaluate.  Sometimes I do fine, but sometimes it's an all-day battle. 

Then I sat down for my Bible reading of the day.  I'm trying to be more consistent with it.  I love to sip coffee and read while the children play.  Today they nagged and whined but I still got through it and had a blog post to boot! 

I read Genesis 6-8.  Genesis 6:8-10 stuck out at me.  I'm sure this verse has been discussed many times in various Bible study groups but it is none the less as powerful as the day it was written.  "But Noah was a pleasure to the Lord.  Here is the story of Noah: He was the only truly righteous man living on the earth at that time.  He tried always to conduct his affairs according to God's will.  And he had three sons-Shem, Ham, and Japheth."

I hope that someday when I am gone and years past, if the Lord should tarry that long, that it will be said of me: "She was a pleasure to the Lord.  She tried always to conduct her affairs according to God's will."  It's a lot to live up to but it sounds like Noah probably had a lot more peer pressure and danger to deal with than I do.  While he may have been able to hear God audibly, we have the Holy Spirit so I am not off the hook.  And God looks at my heart, unlike man, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment